Friday, 17 October 2008

Strange

I think my music taste has evolved in the strangest of ways.


When I was 7 I loved NKOTB, Janet Jackson and only cared for my mum and dad's 7" records. (Technotronic, Womack and Womack, Black Box, Paula Abdul etc...)

In the early 90's, being a euro-kid I obviously fell for euro-dance: Corona, 2Unlimited, you know the drill.

Then around 96 I saw a Blur video and became a britpop kid big time, by the time I moved to London in 2001 I guess I was just an indie kid and I loved Pavement, Les Savy Fav and Shellac.

In 2002 there was electroclash: Fischerspooner, Adult, Ladytron.


In 2004 I was spending my whole time buying punk/post-punk records.

In 2005 for some reason I became crazy about disco, french coldwave, synth, new wave and anything related.



Now I just love BANGERRRRRRS. People take the piss and say all I listen to is french music..blah, I don't care!

It's weird because sometimes I listen to something and love it straight away, then a few weeks later I can't stand it anymore and think it's really really bad; recent examples include MGMT, Vampire Weekend and Calvin Harris: they have now been completely wiped from my ipod.


Then there's things I love from the 1st time I hear it and still adore: Midnight Juggernauts, Boys Noize, the Sexuality LP...

Finally there's stuff people keep raving about and I still haven't heard one note from them and you know what, I'm really not intending to: Micky Green, Ladyhawke, Late of the Pier, Foals, blablabla, crapcrapcrap.

Anyway yeahhr, all this to say, go home, listen to the new Mr Oizo and relax.

7 comments:

D. said...

Voilà un bien joli post!

lazydisco said...

dès fois je suis un peu nostalgique!

TEXTSTYLES said...

love the photo evolution with music evolution
it's just natural

you're not alone...

lazydisco said...

it's weird how we go through phases...i wonder what my next musical explorations will be!

Taryn "Skinny Genes" B. said...

everyone has their musical pathways...

i loved all the pics!

Miss Woo said...

You have good taste in music! and I don't intend to hear another Foal song in my life either, once is enough.

mademoiselleb said...

Super cool ton blog miss ;)