Monday, 6 October 2008

"Nice day for a sulk"

Since I've moved back to Paris I really never look forward to Sundays, I don't really like the ritual of going to have lunch with your family every single week, yet I find being alone on a Sunday night mildly depressing. I guess with my bf on the other side of the Channel I'll have to get used to it.Yesterday I woke up really fresh since I had gone to bed at 11pm the night before, after a good take-away and Truffaut movies under the duvet. Getting up on a cold and rainy day is bad enough, but hungover on a cold and rainy Sunday is even worse.
I still plucked up some courage to get dressed, put on my new poseur wayfarer glasses (oh i know) and go outside.
I actually had quite a nice day: coffee with a friend in Montmartre, time to read the papers, a glossy magazine, some sweet macaroons. (pistachio, salted butter caramel, lemon and white chocolate, hummmmm)

On the walk back home after I picked up a guerande salt-flavoured baguette (hello gentrification) I saw an old crush from my indie days of the mid-90's and that actually put me in a good mood for the rest of the evening.

dress primark
tights h&m
shoes new look
'wayfarers' ebay

13 comments:

lovelydisco said...

Uuuurrrggghhh I HATE hungover Sundays! I used be blessed with the ability to wake up feeling absolutely fine after a HEAVY night out and since I've turned 21 I've lost it. Grrrr. *puke*

lazydisco said...

i know right,it feels like a whole day just goes to waste... i kind of really enjoy saturday nights in now..turning into a granny!

la fée said...

mais je suis là MOOOOOOOOOOOIIIII

la fée said...

ah euh au fait très jolie robe mamzelle

lazydisco said...

baaah oui en plus j'avais grave envie d'une énorme patisserie et d'un thé,je t'appelle dimanche prochain alors :)

Taryn "Skinny Genes" B. said...

seems like a peaceful day. Those glasses rock ! :-)

lazydisco said...

it was pretty peaceful actually, but it feels like there was still something/someone missing..boohoo! i should stop feeling so nostalgic on sundays!

apricot tea. said...

I've never really fancied sundays myself. I've always found them stale & disappointing, since the next day is Monday. BUT... you look great (even if you are sulking!). I love the glasses.

pipelette said...

chérie, j'suis nulle en anglais, quand est ce que tu traduis tes notes?

Neyzia said...

Yep je n'ai pas tout suivi
Mais très jolie Robe!
vraiment PRIMARK à quand l'ouverture sur Paris ;-)

lazydisco said...

héhé! en gros, je hais les dimanches à paris quand mon chéri est à londres booohooo!

mais bon vaut que primark reste à londres non?sinon on sera vraiment toutes habillées pareil!

Miss Woo said...

Your dress is really quite darling. I wish I look that stylish in my hungover sundays!

lazydisco said...

it's old primark! i think a good hangiver cure is a nice walk in fresh air...