Wednesday, 26 March 2008

"Twice a day"


In 2001 I was an 18 year-old (seriously how young do I look there?) who had freshly arrived in London and didn't know much about life and wanted to have fun fun fun and go to gigs every night and talk to cute english boys every Monday at Trash.

In 2008 I am an older woman and I've done the whole sex and drugs and rock n roll thing and I think I am ready to return to Paris-in a car full of my stuff, with my dad, exactly the same way I arrived. I am glad that I've spent these last 7 years in London because overall, it's been quite good.
What will I miss the most? The very few good friends I've made, Primark, efficient night buses, Dalston, walking to Tate Modern, A.B, my favourite restaurants (
Taro, Mangal, Son Que, Il Bacio), partying and dancing all night...
What won't I miss at all? The drama, the poseurs, the back-stabbing bitches, salt and vinegar crisps, hen nights parties and paying £9 for a cinema ticket...

8 comments:

Phantomas said...

Wow, ça sent la fin... moi j'aime bien les chips au vinaigre...

Mademoiselle K said...

et les frites au vinaigre aussi??
plus que 3 mois!

Audrey Hilton said...

Woaw.. il est touchant ton article j'trouve..
Enfin moi j'dis ça mais c'est paske j'ai jamais vécu autre part que dans mon ghetto de riches.

En attendant c'est vrai qu'avant jte trouvais bien jeune et quand j'ai découvert ton âge. Wo! Madame, tu as le secret de la jeunesse éternelle, j'crois bien =)

Mademoiselle K said...

Ha, c’est vrai que tout le monde me dit que je fais 17 ans. . ici on me demande tout le temps ma pièce d’identité pour acheter de l’alcool ou des clopes. . .
font chier ces anglais quand même, a paris j’ai jamais eu aucun problème pour acheter des bières pendant les heures de perm’ au collège. . . :)

cryptogram said...

dude i found this seriously upsetting to read! i'm gonna miss you...

Mademoiselle K said...

i'll be back for many primark trips!!!

stupidcupcake said...

I hope you'll continue blogging in english, my french is very very bad.

Mademoiselle K said...

yeah i think i will,with a bit of french thrown in here and there :)